Helping residents with Alzheimer’s or other age-related dementia.
Somerby of Mobile believes the best way to help a loved one with memory loss is, above all, to be a friend. A friend is someone who knows everything about us — what we were like when we were younger, and what’s brought us to where we are today. We create this person-centered culture by first building relationships that respect one's identity, history and personal preferences, and then using this insight to shape an individual care plan. It’s based on the nationally recognized Best FriendsTM Approach to Alzheimer’s care, and ensures that your loved one feels safe, secure and valued. At Somerby, we know what it takes to keep the Spark burning brightly.
Continuing care at Somerby can also include assisted living and therapy services.
Residents who are part of our memory care program receive these special benefits:
- 24-hour monitored emergency response system in bedroom and bathroom
- Large, private bathroom with walk-in shower and safety bars
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Smoke detectors and automatic fire sprinkler system
- Memory boxes at the entrance of each apartment home as a visual identity reminder
Community Services & Amenities
- All-inclusive pricing — no confusing levels of care
- Nationally recognized Best Friends Approach fosters a person-centered culture that focuses on building close relationships to inspire and nurture residents to live life to the fullest
- Gated community with controlled access
- Coded entry and exit doors for resident safety
- Secured and monitored outside memory garden
- Staff highly trained in caring for those facing memory loss
- Customized care plans and 24-hour personal care, as needed
- Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
- Medication assistance and management
- Innovative CaraSyst electronic care tracking system for better communication among staff and family members
- Supervised activities and events tailored to individual interests and abilities
- Three delicious meals daily, planned by a registered dietician
- Nourishment Center stocked with juice, fruit and snacks
- Life enrichment stations for reminiscence therapy
- Daily light housekeeping, as needed
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- Personalized service plan, reviewed monthly and on an as-needed basis by the Health Care Director, along with other professional disciplines
If you have questions about memory care options at Somerby, ask them here or call us at
the number listed at the top of the page.